How to configure the IE 6.0 to prompt for a user-id and password

  • Start date Start date

How to configure the IE 6.0 to prompt for a user-id and password before we
can accessvon a web site? Any setting or third party that I should install?

I'm using Win XP and which directory should I save the noaccess.rat?

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
You can setup the Content Advisor to require a password.
See: 267930 - How to Configure Internet Explorer 5.x to Block Access to All
But Approved Internet Sites:

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Hau said:
How to configure the IE 6.0 to prompt for a user-id and password before
we
can accessvon a web site? Any setting or third party that I should
install?

\Windows\System32

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Okay, if I have a website, that is hosted on a server far, far away, and want
to password protect a portion of that website, are these the steps I should
follow if I want password protection?

I am using front page 2002 as my software, but don't understand how saving
the noaccess.rat file to \windows\system32 on my computer, will help my
website be password protected. Should I save it somewhere in my web folders?

If I am not clear, please visit the following for what I am attempting to
achieve.
http://www.donnabayes.com/id478.htm then click 'click here'

Thanks so much for helping me with this matter. :-)

"Hau" <Hau[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How to configure the IE 6.0 to prompt for a user-id and password before
we
can accessvon a web site? Any setting or third party that I should
install?

\Windows\System32

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE