How to change "United States American" to "USA" in Access

  • Start date Start date

Edmond

Hi Access Experts,

how to do the following?

Name ShortForm
United States America USA
Tomorrow is Friday TIF
Thank You Very Much TYVM

when I keyin a company name in the first column, it will AUTO generate the
shortform using the first alphabet of each word.

thanks in advance..

From: "Edmond" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms
Subject: How to change "United States American" to "USA" in Access
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:36:36 +0800

Hi Access Experts,

how to do the following?

Name ShortForm
United States America USA
Tomorrow is Friday TIF
Thank You Very Much TYVM

when I keyin a company name in the first column, it will AUTO generate the
shortform using the first alphabet of each word.

thanks in advance..
--------------------
Wouldn't it be easier to type the short form and get the long form
automatically?

Whichever way, you can use an autolookup technique to accomplish this. Look
at the Orders subform in the Orders main form in the sample Northwind
Traders database. When you specify the product id, the product description
and unit price is automatically filled in.

Hope this helps,

Function MyFunc(strText As String)
MyFunc = Left(strText, 1)
Do While InStr(1, strText, " ")
strText = Mid(strText, InStr(1, strText, " ") + 1)
MyFunc = MyFunc & Left(strText, 1)
Loop
End Function

Paul Johnson