How to boost network utilization with Socket/TcpClient (.NET 1.1)

I've developed program to sending Serializable message (using Attribute)
with BinaryFormatter. But it can use Network utilization only 6% on 100Mbps
LAN (check from Networking on TaskManager). The program is service guarantee
model that send the message and wait for ack message before sending next
message. Another point is that program will receive messages from clients
and then queue them to send thread to send those messages to another machine.
And my test environment is on XP box with HT machine.

So, how can I do to improve the performance that will not affect design goal?

Thanks in advance,
Thana N.

My program has also enable it, but its result as I've told before. Here,
anyway, is my code for that (if I do it wrong):-

clientSock.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Tcp, SocketOptionName.NoDelay, 1)

Thanks for your reply,
Thana N.

Vadym Stetsyak

Hello, Thana!

Another option for you is to send mutltiple messages at once and receive one confirmation for them all.
I suppose that you have somekind of message id. This ids can be used in confirmation.

--
Regards, Vadym Stetsyak
www: http://vadmyst.blogspot.com

Vadym,

Oh, I've forgot to tell you that message sequence is important for my case.
So I can't send multiple messages at once.

Sorry for your inconvenience.
Thana N.

Vadym Stetsyak

Hello, Thana!
You wrote on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:04:02 -0700:

TN> Oh, I've forgot to tell you that message sequence is important for my
TN> case. So I can't send multiple messages at once.

Then it seems to me that your processing logic introduces some latency, that
is why network is not fully utilized...