how explorer opens pages/windows

  • Start date Start date

I have had someone ask me if there is a way to make every page I go to on the
Internet open in a different window. They say that where they used to be
employed, every page clicked through to would open in that fashion. Does any
one know if there is a setting that can be changed in explorer to make this
happen?

Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
for launching shortcuts."

This will probably not open a new window when you click a link on a web
page. You will have to use Shift+click or right-click> Open in New Window.

More information at:
241911- Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
Internet Explorer 5.01
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241911

Hope this helps,
Don