How do I make a data access page retrieve a specific access recor.

  • Start date Start date

I can easily retrieve a specific record in a form by using a list box
populated with the list of items. But when I save this as a data access page
I lose all ability to search for any specific record. I can only use the
navigation buttions to truck through the database. I'm using Access 2003
and have tried this with both 2000 and 2003 file formats with the same
result.

What's the answer?

From: "Sylvain Lafontaine" <sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam
please)>
Subject: Re: Searching a DAP...is it possible???
Date: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 4:12 PM

Yes: create a combobox (or dropdownlist), set the ListRowSource to a query
(recordset) returning the list of the names; set the ListBoundField to the
IDs (primary key) for this list and the ListDisplayField to the field for
the complete names.

Then, in the GroupLevelProperty, set the GroupFilterControl to this
dropdownlist and the GroupFilterField to the same field as the ID above..

The primary key field for the recordset of the page should also be the same
field.

S. L.

Back
Top