How do I delete saved username and passwords in IE 6.0

CP

Hi,

I am attempting to log onto an internal website using a
new set of logon credentials.

Howevere IE 6.0, keeps logging me on with the existing
saved set of username and password. I have cleared the
stored passwords from the Content tab under Tools -->
Internet Options --> Auto Complete, to no avail.

I have even deleted the entire IE sub key in the registry
under HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->SOFTWARE-->Microsoft.

I find that the only way I can get IE to prompt me for a
username and password is by deleting the windows user
profile under -->Documents & Settings and restarting the
machine.

Can anyone show me an easier way of doing this.

Regards

CP

Don Varnau

CP,
I tried to help someone with a similar problem a while ago (and failed) but
he sent this to me after solving the problem:

I finally solved this issue by going through my control panel to user
accounts. Embedded in there is an odd link for managing passwords. In that
link, it allows you to remove stored user names and passwords. Sure enough,
MSN Passport was listed there. I removed it and now the email address in
question no longer appears in the drop-down screen.

This is a really trick issue because its not really about auto-complete OR
the user options in a Passport Account. Its simply about the attachment of a
passport account to the user account within the operating system. So
although I had cleared all my forms and unchecked all the access options on
the Passport Account, Windows XP was automatically resorting to my Passport
Acccount everytime there was web entry form.

Hope this helps,
Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for sending the information.

This information though useful does not resolve my
problem, because the user name and password saved is not
a passport account.

I am attempting to logon using domain credentials.

After the initial prompt, IE no longer prompts me for
authentication but simply logs me on with the saved
credentials. As a result I cannot log on with another
user account, unless I delete the entire user profile.

Thanks again.

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"CP" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I am attempting to log onto an internal website using a
new set of logon credentials.

Howevere IE 6.0, keeps logging me on with the existing
saved set of username and password. I have cleared the
stored passwords from the Content tab under Tools -->
Internet Options --> Auto Complete, to no avail.

I have even deleted the entire IE sub key in the registry
under HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->SOFTWARE-->Microsoft.

I find that the only way I can get IE to prompt me for a
username and password is by deleting the windows user
profile under -->Documents & Settings and restarting the
machine.

Can anyone show me an easier way of doing this.

Regards

CP

.

Don Varnau

OK. How about Internet Options> Security> User authentication> Prompt for
username and password. (?)

That setting didn't come to mind the first time ;-o

[...]

That did the trick. Thanks a million.

But your words came in just a few minutes late, as I by
then I had already deleted the users profile.

But I did test out this particular solution and it does
resolve the issue.

Regards

CP