How Delete Int. Explorer Complete The easy Way

  • Start date Start date

How you delete (remove) complete from you computer the easy way and Install
Back ...Please dont send me to Microfoft Page explain here.
The asy way.

Which version of Windows? IE cannot be removed from WindowsXP.

IE can be removed from some other versions of Windows.

Why do you want to remove IE completely? Many problems can be resolved
without uninstalling/reinstalling Internet Explorer.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

the new...Reason is some files my CD XP no put back this files and in some
web page is frizing the internet Explorer...and try some thing in the web but
till do the same...Mayby if I delete and reinstall and have all files missing
Im Back in Buisness that is the reason....
Thank you...for Help me...

Don said:
How you delete (remove) complete from you computer the easy way and Install
Back ...Please dont send me to Microfoft Page explain here.
The asy way.

Hi,
The first method at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378 is
safe and easy. Have your WinXP CD ready and from Start> Run> type in sfc
/scannow

The third method "Edit the registry and install Internet Explorer 6" should
also work.

If you have installed the SP2 update, you should use the instructions in the
middle of the page.

Sporadic problems with pages which freeze or won't load can be caused by
many factors.

You should check for malware with programs such as CWShredder, Ad-aware and
Spybot.
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note the security tips and other important information on that page.
Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx

Clearing the IE cache is a good safe and easy first step. IE> Tools>
Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Other possibilities:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers3.htm#freezing
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#dns

Sorry that I can't narrow it down, but there are many possible causes for
this type of problem.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Mr. Varnau how doit whit this (The third method "Edit the registry and
install Internet Explorer 6") mayby if I clear all the register in Internet
Explorer when I dowload the ( ie6setup.exe ) maybe accepted the .exe like a
new Instalation...
Thak you...
I try all ready the # 1 ( sfc /scannowand ) and nothing the same...
Don Varnau thank you for help me...I going to wait ( registry ) you
instruccion..

"Don" <Don[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How you delete (remove) complete from you computer the easy way and
Install
Back ...Please dont send me to Microsoft Page explain here.
The asy way.

Hi Don,
Have you checked for malware (adware, spyware, parasites, hijackers?)

Or, for some other easy reinstall options, try the first two options at
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#Reinstall

Try IEFix: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Or, try the manual procedure below:

First, try reinstalling from the INF files.
Click Start/Run/Type the following command:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132
%windir%\inf\ie.inf

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Don Varnau said:
[...]

Hi Mr. Varnau ok...I try everithig...and nothing in this try rundll32.exe
setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132
%windir%\inf\ie.inf --->>> said I need the Windows XP Home Ed. Servive Pack 2 CD the reason said Error Set up cannot copy the file ( iedw.exe ) I no have the CD I upgrade from the Web side....
Thank you...

:
Which version of Windows? IE cannot be removed from WindowsXP.

IE can be removed from some other versions of Windows.

Why do you want to remove IE completely? Many problems can be resolved
without uninstalling/reinstalling Internet Explorer.
"Don" <Don[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How you delete (remove) complete from you computer the easy way and
Install
Back ...Please dont send me to Microsoft Page explain here.
The asy way.

Hi Don
I'm not sure what else to suggest. You can order the SP2 CD from Microsoft
at no charge, but it may take 4-6 weeks to get to you.
See:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
You might be able to borrow the XP SP2 CD from a friend or computer shop.

Have you checked for adware, spyware, parasites?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Don" wrote in message
Mr. Varnau how doit whit this (The third method "Edit the registry and
install Internet Explorer 6") mayby if I clear all the register in Internet
Explorer when I dowload the ( ie6setup.exe ) maybe accepted the .exe
like
a new Installation...
[...]

Yes Don everything...and in Netscape I no have any problem...but I no like
Netc. I wait for the CD tell me If I reintall from the CD I need to delete
the other I have in Control Panel ( Ad and Delete Seccion )...or the CD tell
me what I need to do or Reintal in top to the other......???
Please tell me the best way when I recibe the CD...And Thank you for you
Time Don

"Don" wrote in message
[...]

I would remove your current XP SP2 update from add/remove programs before
reinstalling from the XP SP2 CD.

I hope this fixes IE for you.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Don said:
Yes Don everything...and in Netscape I no have any problem...but I no like
Netc. I wait for the CD tell me If I reintall from the CD I need to delete
the other I have in Control Panel ( Ad and Delete Seccion )...or the CD tell
me what I need to do or Reintal in top to the other......???
Please tell me the best way when I recibe the CD...And Thank you for you
Time Don

[SNIP]

Ok...Last cuestion...IIf I remove XP SP2 from my computer before came de CD I
no have any problem in my Computer the computer stay the same before I
installing SP2 the cuestion is just in case I need to delete something else
before Delete from Control Panel...
PS2 or is save delete direct SP2 from Control Panel .
Thank Don...

Don said:
Yes Don everything...and in Netscape I no have any problem...but I no like
Netc. I wait for the CD tell me If I reintall from the CD I need to delete
the other I have in Control Panel ( Ad and Delete Seccion )...or the CD tell
me what I need to do or Reintal in top to the other......???
Please tell me the best way when I recibe the CD...And Thank you for you
Time Don

[SNIP]

See if this helps.

How to remove SP2: