Hot Fix KB824141

  • Start date Start date

Carlos Roberto Paiva

After install this update I started to get this error
message trying these applictions (Extensis portfolio and
Canon Record)
"DLL kernel32.dll was realocated in the memory. This
application won´t run correctly. This realocation hapenned
because the DLL C:\WINNT\system32\MPR.dll was in the
interval reservead to a DLLs of the Windows system. Look
for a new DLL with the manufactor of the DLL."
When I decided to unisntall this HotFix, a alert message
tells about more then 30 programs that would not run
properly.
Does anybody know what to do?

Note that separate versions of this patch exist for win2k SP2, and SP3/4.
Have you installed the correct one?

Regards,
--PA

After install this update I started to get this error
message trying these applictions (Extensis portfolio and
Canon Record)
"DLL kernel32.dll was realocated in the memory. This
application won´t run correctly. This realocation hapenned
because the DLL C:\WINNT\system32\MPR.dll was in the
interval reservead to a DLLs of the Windows system. Look
for a new DLL with the manufactor of the DLL."
When I decided to unisntall this HotFix, a alert message
tells about more then 30 programs that would not run
properly.
Does anybody know what to do?

This Hot Fix came from Windows Update rotine. After this
also came 24146 / 25119 / 26232 / 28028 / 28035 / 28749
and (SP5) 20888 e Q818048.
My Win2k is updated, as far as I know.
I work with photos using Canon applications and Extensis
Portfolio. They are very important to me.
Searching the web I found some people with similar
situations, but the solution is to uninstall de HotFix.
What is going to happen with other 30 programs that are
related with this HotFix?
Thanks
CRP