History ON/OFF ????

  • Start date Start date

JohnR

When I check the history button on my explorer menu, it shows a blank. How
do I turn the "history" on?? When I go to "tools", "Internet Options", I
show a 60 day history setting. What am I missing ???
After some grateful help, I deleted the index.dat files in both Temp
Internet & History.Ie5 folders and things appeared normal, showing the
history URL's in the left Pane. Now, the day after, the only thing that
shows in that pane is "desktop.ini". When I delete that, a new "Todays"
history shows up, with the URL that I'm at appearing.
Helpppppppppppp <pulling my few remaining hairs out>
Any Help??????
Thanks
John

Big Mystery that anything works at all. You must have used unconventional
means to delete the Index.dat's.
Which version of Windows are you using?
More likely than not, your History folder has become corrupted. You may need
to recreate your History folder by a DOS command (Deltree command for
Win9.x) and use a similar (albeit different) method for the other common Win
OS'es.

Remember; Make a good Newsgroup post and then we can "cut to the chase". :-)
--

LuckyStrike
(e-mail address removed)

LuckyStrike said:
Big Mystery that anything works at all. You must have used unconventional
means to delete the Index.dat's.
Which version of Windows are you using?
More likely than not, your History folder has become corrupted. You may
need
to recreate your History folder by a DOS command (Deltree command for
Win9.x) and use a similar (albeit different) method for the other common
Win
OS'es.

Remember; Make a good Newsgroup post and then we can "cut to the chase".
:-)

:-))
hi.

You have deleted the folder??

Well anyway, see here in case you haven't already:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
--

LuckyStrike
(e-mail address removed)
The best Tweak and your ally for IE = **Disable Active Scripting**
http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/surf-safe.html
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

JohnR said:
Windows XP [Home] I have deleted Folder History.ie5 previously, no change.

message news:[email protected]...
[...]

Yes, the History.Ie5 folder.

"JohnR" <onejm at comcast.net> wrote in message
When I check the history button on my explorer menu, it shows a blank.
How
do I turn the "history" on?? When I go to "tools", "Internet
Options", I
show a 60 day history setting. What am I missing ???
After some grateful help, I deleted the index.dat files in both Temp
Internet & History.Ie5 folders and things appeared normal, showing the
history URL's in the left Pane. Now, the day after, the only thing that
shows in that pane is "desktop.ini". When I delete that, a new "Todays"
history shows up, with the URL that I'm at appearing.
Helpppppppppppp <pulling my few remaining hairs out>
Any Help??????
Thanks
John

That's generously informative of you.... and what about the link I provided?
Did you look at that for an answer?
Click once for yes .... two times for no. ;-)

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdpcm/is_200407/ai_ziff129634

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=History.Ie5+folder&btnG=Google+Search
--

LuckyStrike
(e-mail address removed)
The best Tweak and your ally for IE = **Disable Active Scripting**
http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/surf-safe.html
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Yes, the History.Ie5 folder.

message news:%23%[email protected]...

JohnR said:
Windows XP [Home] I have deleted Folder History.ie5 previously, no change.

"LuckyStrike" <[email protected]>
wrote
in
message Big Mystery that anything works at all. You must have used unconventional
[...]

Back
Top