HighMAT DVD Players

• Thread starter Thread starter PapaJohn \(MVP\)
  • Start date Start date
P

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

A press announcement today about products being unveiled at CES includes one about players supporting HighMAT.

Two new Malata players will be the first to add WMV video support to the audio and still pix support.

I've updated the CD Burning > HightMAT page with some info and links to the press release and Malata home page. What I don't see yet is any target date for availability of these players.

Continue to be careful... the press release first covers new Panasonic and Apex models, but the text tells you that they support audio and still pix (which means they don't support video WMV files).

PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

The Microsoft Press Release (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/Jan04/01-08WM500DevicesPR.asp) says that Apex will ship a DVD player supporting WMV playback in April (2004 :-) )

Da

----- PapaJohn (MVP) wrote: ----

A press announcement today about products being unveiled at CES includes one about players supporting HighMAT

Two new Malata players will be the first to add WMV video support to the audio and still pix support.

I've updated the CD Burning > HightMAT page with some info and links to the press release and Malata home page. What I don't see yet is any target date for availability of these players

Continue to be careful... the press release first covers new Panasonic and Apex models, but the text tells you that they support audio and still pix (which means they don't support video WMV files)

PapaJoh
www.papajohn

Thanks Dan, I'll update the page on the website.
--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

J. Daniel Smith said:
The Microsoft Press Release
(http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/Jan04/01-08WM500DevicesPR.asp
) says that Apex will ship a DVD player supporting WMV playback in April
(2004 :-) ).
Dan

----- PapaJohn (MVP) wrote: -----

A press announcement today about products being unveiled at CES
includes one about players supporting HighMAT.
Two new Malata players will be the first to add WMV video support to
the audio and still pix support.
I've updated the CD Burning > HightMAT page with some info and links
to the press release and Malata home page. What I don't see yet is any
target date for availability of these players.
Continue to be careful... the press release first covers new
Panasonic and Apex models, but the text tells you that they support audio
and still pix (which means they don't support video WMV files).

Back