Help with Control Panel | Sound error dialog box

·

.·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

I have the Control Panel set to expand. When ever I navigate to
Start | Control Panel | it does not expand right away. I get
the following dialog error box:

To enable advanced sound effect for gaming, please make
sure the setting of Hardware Acceleration is "full". The
directory is below: Control Panel -> Sound & Audio Device
(WinXP) -> Audio -> Playback/Advance...-> Performance ->
Hardware Acceleration.

It already "IS" set for that. Any help that you can provide
would be 'greatly' appreciated.

I run:
WinXP pro
2.4 Ghz Intel P4
512 ram
70 Gb -- two hard drives
--

**:::::>>:§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§:<<:::::**
.·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

{ô¿ô} WrOnG NuMbEr RoCoCcO, yOu .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

There could be a hardware IRQ conflict with the Onboard sound with the
external sound drivers. Please do as follows:

1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type "msinfo32.exe"
3. Under System Summary, expand Hardware Resources and select IRQs. Please
see if there are any IRQ conflicts with the onboard sound system. If there
are any conflicts with any sound system drivers. Please disable the
external drivers using the Device Manager.

Note: Do not disable onboard sound driver.

If the above does not solve the problem, please send me your system
configuration.
Processor, Motherboard, Sound Card (External and Internal), etc

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--------------------
--From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.g
eneral,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
--Subject: Help with Control Panel | Sound error dialog box
--Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:35:41 -0400

·

.·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

Thank you very much for the help. I checked, no conflicts, all
Status are listed as OK. I've tried everything that I know.
I'm at a loss here.

v- said:
[...]

--From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.g
eneral,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
--Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:35:41 -0400
[...]

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Have you tried these methods.

Method 1:
=========
1. Try updating the DirectX to the latest versiob 9.0b from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-
BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

2. Then reinstall the latest Audio drivers from the Manufactures web site.

Method 2:
=========
1. Uninstall & reinstall all the device drivers from the Sound section of
device manager.
2. Then update the DirectX to the latest versiob 9.0b from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-
BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

What is name of the Audio drivers installed on your system ?

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--------------------
--From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
--Subject: RE: Help with Control Panel | Sound error dialog box
--Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:27:02 -0400
--
--Thank you very much for the help. I checked, no conflicts, all
--Status are listed as OK. I've tried everything that I know.
--I'm at a loss here.
--
--In article <1VQOXg#[email protected]>, v-
(e-mail address removed) posted the following, uh, drivel...
[...]
--> --------------------
--> --From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--> --Newsgroups:
-->
microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.g
--> eneral,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
--> --Subject: Help with Control Panel | Sound error dialog box
--> --Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:35:41 -0400
--> --

·

.·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

v- said:
Hi,

Have you tried these methods.

Method 1:
=========
1. Try updating the DirectX to the latest versiob 9.0b from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-
BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

Did that. No help.
2. Then reinstall the latest Audio drivers from the Manufactures web site.

How do I determine who the manufacturer is?
In Device Manager | Sound, Video and Game Controllers
-Legacy Audio Drivers

where would I locate updated drivers for Legacy Audio Drivers?

Thank you for all your help.
Method 2:
=========
1. Uninstall & reinstall all the device drivers from the Sound section of
device manager.
2. Then update the DirectX to the latest versiob 9.0b from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-
BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

What is name of the Audio drivers installed on your system ?

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

--

**:::::>>:§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§:<<:::::**
.·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.
**:::::>>:§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§:<<:::::**

{ô¿ô} WrOnG NuMbEr RoCoCcO, yOu .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type "msinfo32"
3. Expand "Components" on the left-hand pane and from below select "Sound
Device"
4. On the right-hand side you would see the name of the Sound Device

Please post the name of the device and I'll help you get to the website of
the Sound Device

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--------------------
--From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
--Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:11:58 -0400
--
--In article <[email protected]>, v-
--> =========

·

.·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.

Thnak you.

Name Realtek AC'97 Audio
Manufacturer Realtek

v- said:
Hi,

1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type "msinfo32"
3. Expand "Components" on the left-hand pane and from below select "Sound
Device"
4. On the right-hand side you would see the name of the Sound Device

Please post the name of the device and I'll help you get to the website of
the Sound Device

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--------------------
--From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
--Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:11:58 -0400
[...]

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please go to the following website for Realtek AC'97 Audio driver.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8
&Software=True#8Windows

Please download the appropriate driver for your Motherboard

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--------------------
--From: .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·. <[email protected]>
--Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
--Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:42:47 -0400
--
--Thnak you.
--
[...]
--> --Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
--> --Subject: RE: Help with Control Panel | Sound error dialog box
--> --Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:11:58 -0400
--> --
--> --In article <[email protected]>, v-
--> (e-mail address removed) posted the following, uh, drivel...
--> -->