Help please. Vista Basic Clock is set to 2006.

Helpless in West Michigan...

I can not change the local clock date or time without the laptop locking up.
The window time servce needs to be turned on, but I can not change it without
the laptop locking up. Because the year yearon the laptop clock, web
certificates for many websites do not work, this also renders Windows Live
OneCare inoperable. I do not know what lead up to this clock change since
its my wife's laptop. Internet clock synchronization is enable, but won't
work since the local time service is turned off. I attemtped to see if I
needed to download windows updates, but when I gothrough the system
maintenance, windows update screen just comes up blank. This is my third
night trying to resolve this, but I have made neglible headway. Where should
I head next?

Gary Mount

Change the time by booting into the bios. From the bios menus, navigate to
where you can change the date and time.

"Helpless in West Michigan..." <Helpless in West
news:[email protected]...

On the Bridge!

as gary said, its the clock in the bios...

if you change it and it changes back at some point, that means the internal
battery (a small battery powering the clock)
is dead.