Help needed for cleaning Excel Thread from Task Manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hello
I am using Excel Application in my Asp.Net page. for this i used Excell Application, workbook, workshee class. I am using vb as script for coding. Simple of my code i
Dim xlApp as Excel.Applicatio
Dim xlwBook as Excel.Workbook
Dim xlwSheet as Excel.Workshe
xlApp=new Excel.Applicatio
xlwBook=xlApp.Workbooks.open("filename"
xlwSheet=xlwBook.Sheets(1
' some operation on Excel Shee

xlwBook.save(
xlwBook.Close(
xlApp.Qui

This is the style i am using for intraction with an Excel Sheet, i am closing workbook and Quiting Application, But it is not removing from Task Manager and not woriking if i like to use the same Workbook again
So, Pls help me to solve the problem, I am using VB as Scrip
Waiting for your Suggessio

Mail us: (e-mail address removed)

To save it takes some time. Hope the following will make you understand what is the problem

For example if u use filesystemobject as below u will get error ( here my requirement is if already exists i need to delete the file and and create a new file. but for deleting it takes time to remove.

try to accomplish some delay and see it must work

Hi
Thank for response. You are saying about compeletely different thing. My problem is that I am using excel in my aspx page using vb as script code. it is working well. when i closed it and quiting excel application it is doing it well but its stak is not going out from task Manager it is using memory area as i found in task manager. so, please help me to solve it

Regard

----- Saipavan wrote: ----

To save it takes some time. Hope the following will make you understand what is the proble

For example if u use filesystemobject as below u will get error ( here my requirement is if already exists i need to delete the file and and create a new file. but for deleting it takes time to remove

try to accomplish some delay and see it must work

Try adding System.Runtime.InteropServices.ReleaseComObject(xlApp) after your
Quit call and set xlApp to null.

Syed Aun Ali said:
Hello,
I am using Excel Application in my Asp.Net page. for this i used Excell
Application, workbook, workshee class. I am using vb as script for coding.
Simple of my code is

Back