help!!! IE 6.0 problems!!!

  • Start date Start date

scott

Ok this just started this morning. I run explorer 6.0
with windows xp. I have a cable internet connection and
can load my browser fine BUT once I'm in browser I can
NOT close out any pages I bring up! If I try to click on
the red "x" to close the page I hear a sound but it will
not close, none of the pages I open will close. I end up
with a bunch of open pages and end up having to hard
boot/ ctrl alt del just to get all of them close after
the reboot.

Also for some odd reason my keyboard functions like "tab"
button and ctrl c and ctrl v copy paste functions aren't
working. Everything else seems to be working fine offline
on my cpu but online in IE everything is messed
up..HELP!!!

well I downloaded ad aware se and ran it and got rid of a
bunch of stuff cause I had heard it could be something
like spyware but still having these problems.

Both of these problems could be caused by malware. Work through the
solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

.

Back
Top