"Header.htm"as an attachment

Dee Randall

When I create a Word document and send it as an email
the person receiving it always has listed as an attachment:
Header.htm [2.73 KB]

I know that this isn't normal, because a friend sends me the same and this
doesn't show up as an attachment.

Can anyone tell me what steps to discontinue this annoying feature.
Everyone I send a Word document by email, I am always asked by the receiver,
"how do I open the attachment." Of course, there is nothing there when you
click on it.

Thanks,
Dee

TF

Dee

Is there a graphic in the header? Some AV Apps will strip graphics (or
anything suspicious in HTML) and put it into a separate 'attachment' or
strips it out completely.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:

TF said:
[...]

When I click on it, it opens into a page entitled in the address space at
the top:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\OPW9SZIJ\header.htm

and it has a "1" in the middle of the page at the top as if I had numbered
my pages at the top in a header.

Thanks for responding. Do you think you can help me?
Dee

TF

That looks like an HTML message that has been converted to plain text. When
HTML is converted to Plain Text, the graphics are stripped out and save in a
separate file. You need to determine if it is your email client that is
sending everything in plain text or whether it is your addressee's client
that doesn't read HTML.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Dee
: >
: > Is there a graphic in the header? Some AV Apps will strip graphics (or
: > anything suspicious in HTML) and put it into a separate 'attachment' or
: > strips it out completely.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > : When I create a Word document and send it as an email
: > : the person receiving it always has listed as an attachment:
: > : Header.htm [2.73 KB]
: > :
[...]

Hello,
No, my isp always sends everything; i.e. pictures in emails that I insert,
attachments, jpg attachments, etc.
Thank you.
Dee

TF

Dee

So does mine. So I guess it is down to the recipients mail client, ISP or
Anti Virus stripping the header. I don't see that there is much that you can
do to control that.

Terry

[...]
: > : > :
: > : "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: > : : > : > Dee
: > : >
: > : > Is there a graphic in the header? Some AV Apps will strip graphics
(or
: > : > anything suspicious in HTML) and put it into a separate 'attachment'
: or
: > : > strips it out completely.
: > : >
: > : > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
[...]