Have lost Recycle Bin !

Norb

I have a Norton Protected Recycle Bin icon which retains 7 days of protected
deletion activity. However I am unable to find the regular icon or Recycle
Bin file/folder which stores all deleted items until emptied. Any
suggestions. I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Thanks Norb

Gord Dibben

Norb

Right-click on the Norton Recycle Icon and select Properties>Recycle Bin.

Choose "Standard Recycle Bin" from the options under "Double-click opens"

Gord

Norb

Thanks Gord for your response however I had tried that previously, tried it
again and still see no change in accessibility to a Standard Recycle Bin or
icon .

Norb

Yes,I double clicked on the only recycle icon available on my desktop which
is named Norton Protected Recycle Bin. All that does is open an empty
folder. What I am looking for is the regular Recycle Bin with a red flame
type icon which contains all of my deleted items and which supposedly
operates separate from the Norton Protected.
Thanks for your input Doug.

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Once you install the Norton Protected Recycle Bin, it hijacks the "normal"
Recycle Bin and takes over that responsibility. Its also been my experience
that it doesn't uninstall well, can't be disabled completely and is
generally just a pain in the butt.

Norb said:
Yes,I double clicked on the only recycle icon available on my desktop which
is named Norton Protected Recycle Bin. All that does is open an empty
folder. What I am looking for is the regular Recycle Bin with a red flame
type icon which contains all of my deleted items and which supposedly
operates separate from the Norton Protected.
Thanks for your input Doug.

Doug Knox MS-MVP said:
Did you try double clicking the Recycle Bin icon???

<Gord Dibben> wrote in message
Norb

Right-click on the Norton Recycle Icon and select Properties>Recycle Bin.

Choose "Standard Recycle Bin" from the options under "Double-click opens"

Norb

I've had one of those "senior moments" and realized that after I went to
"properties" of the Norton Protected Recycle Bin and checked "Standard
Recycle Bin", I went back to the Norton Protected Recycle Bin icon , clicked
on it and nothing happened....Why ? Maybe because it was EMPTY ....I
proceeded to delete several WORD letters, and old photos I no longer needed
and guess what..now when I click on the Norton ...icon I see the deleted
files and when I right click on a file I have the option to delete, restore
etc.
Thanks to Doug and Gord for sticking with me on this one. Now, I really have
egg on my face having to admit this goof to the whole group. Keep up the
good work.

Norb said:
Yes,I double clicked on the only recycle icon available on my desktop which
is named Norton Protected Recycle Bin. All that does is open an empty
folder. What I am looking for is the regular Recycle Bin with a red flame
type icon which contains all of my deleted items and which supposedly
operates separate from the Norton Protected.
Thanks for your input Doug.

Drew

You may want to just try searching for this program. In
the start menu run a search of c:. Make sure you type the
proper name of the file you are searching for. When it is
found right click on the file and select add icon to
desktop. Hope this works.

yellowpike

Hello Drew
You might want to try "Kellys-Korner" at
and go to line 64, right hand
column. You'll find "Replace/Repair Recycle Bin there. The
instructions for using it are at the top of the page.

I copy/pasted this from this NG (Thanks Milt !)

regards
yellowpike