hardware

  • Start date Start date
SPMC computer studies said:
what is the main role of a cpu?

Some people think that the CPU is the Central Processing Unit as in the
mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it. Without the fan,
it works for maybe 30 seconds and then stops, so the fan must be pretty
important.

But, some think that the CPU is what holds all of the parts of a computer in
close formation, ie the tower. In this case, the CPU is more important than
the fan because without the CPU, all of the parts would fall down..

Hope this helps.. ;-)

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

This is the most juvenile response I have ever seen, "all the parts would
fall down", "mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it"? One,
you failed to answer the OPs question correctly and two, your attempt to
describe the role of the CPU is moronic. MVP?

Go finish your homework..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..

Except that the current crop of cpus don't have pins. Just contacts. On
mine the pins are in the base on the mobo. But they don't mate with slots.
They mate with the contacts on the cpu.

Richard G. Harper said:
It doesn't roll, the pins on the bottom tend to make it stick in place.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)

"SPMC computer studies" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
what is the main role of a cpu?

Back
Top