Hard drive capacity is not recognized by XP

Dave Patterson

I just installed a 160GB hard drive, but XP only sees
128GB. I installed it as a NTFS in the Disk Management
section. Any ideas how I can get the full capacity to
register?

smap

I just installed a 160GB hard drive, but XP only sees
128GB. I installed it as a NTFS in the Disk Management
section. Any ideas how I can get the full capacity to
register?
.
need to have service pack 1 installed.

lllusion

I just installed a 160GB hard drive, but XP only sees
128GB. I installed it as a NTFS in the Disk Management
section. Any ideas how I can get the full capacity to
register?
Check out the following thread. There is some further information.

Subject: Support for 160 GB drives
From: "John Williams" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:14:57 -0700

--
Howie
"The very belief that violence is unavoidable

Jim Macklin

Repartition the drive and reformat or get Partition Magic
and expand the current partition.

lllusion