Handling multiple web requests parallely

  • Start date Start date

Kunal

Hi friends,

Can anybody share with me code snippets of handling simultaneously
multiple http requests from different clients ? I'm using the
HttpListener for this purpose. Have used the BeginGetContext model but
it does not seem to work. Requests are still being handled
sequentially. I tried code from msdn, other developers who faced
similar problems, innovated on my own but no success.

Can somebody be of help please ?

Thanks,

Kunal

Hello, Kunal!

Here's the article that can help you
( http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/3748.aspx )

You wrote on 18 Dec 2006 14:24:22 -0800:

K> Can anybody share with me code snippets of handling simultaneously
K> multiple http requests from different clients ? I'm using the
K> HttpListener for this purpose. Have used the BeginGetContext model but
K> it does not seem to work. Requests are still being handled
K> sequentially. I tried code from msdn, other developers who faced
K> similar problems, innovated on my own but no success.

K> Can somebody be of help please ?

K> Thanks,

With best regards, Vadym Stetsyak. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Hi Vadym,

Thanks for your article. It looks good ! I'll try it out but before I
do that I have a couple of queries -

1) Does this model processes requests parallely ?
2) Any idea about the performance of this model ? I mean, how many
concurrent requests can be handled ? With my server I might need to
handle 150 different clients at any instant.
3) Any idea about where I can see the no. of concurrent connections to
my server ? I've heard of some performance counters. Will they be of
help ? Can I use them in my application ?

Will let you know about how my trial goes.

Thanks a lot again,
Kunal

Hello, Kunal!

I've implemented nearly the same model and tested it with stress tests,
performance satisfied my requirements.

HttpListener will handle large amount of clients, but since you host web
services (ASP.NET)
it is the layer which can inflict performance is implementation of web
services.

Max number of concurrent connections may vary, because every connection
consumes
system resources. IIRC average server can handle smth around 1000 of
connections.

You wrote on 19 Dec 2006 08:36:22 -0800:

K> Hi Vadym,

K> Thanks for your article. It looks good ! I'll try it out but before I
K> do that I have a couple of queries -

K> 1) Does this model processes requests parallely ?
K> 2) Any idea about the performance of this model ? I mean, how many
K> concurrent requests can be handled ? With my server I might need to
K> handle 150 different clients at any instant.
K> 3) Any idea about where I can see the no. of concurrent connections
K> my server ? I've heard of some performance counters. Will they be of
K> help ? Can I use them in my application ?

K> Will let you know about how my trial goes.

K> Thanks a lot again,
K> Kunal

With best regards, Vadym Stetsyak.
Blog: http://vadmyst.blogspot.com