Gonna buy me some new bits

Reaction score
Hi ! newboy here..
I'm thinking of buying a Microstar K7N 420Pro
Does anyone know of any problems with this bit of kit?

Likewise the 19" CTX VL950T

Hi CaseyJay, welcome to the forums :)

I havent tried either of these products, but I did some research for you and found this:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/Products/MSI_K7N420_Pro/index.html

It is a page with links to about 5 reviews on the motherboard, and all of them rate it well! I think another forum member, Muckshifter, has more experience with MSI than I do so he may have some first hand experience.

I cant find any reviews on the monitor, but I did find some opinions on www.dooyoo.co.uk :

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/review/375657.html

Again, it is rated very highly :)

Hope that is of some help!

Yep, I have an MSI but its not the K7N 420Pro. If you can live without the overclocking part of the system, the features on the MSI K7N420 Pro are great.

MSI are one of MY favourite boards, you get a lot of bang for your money. :D

As for the CTX VL950T monitor I’m not so sure.

I personally use Sony and only Sony. Why? Because I have bad eyes. :(
CTX are fine general monitors, but look for one (or any monitor) that can display 1024 x 768 at 100Mhz and in 32bit colour. You will find some graphic card will only display at 24bit colour.

Hope that helps.
Mucks

:bow: To Muckspreader
Thanks for the info

Actually I've got another query....DVD drives I'm looking for a multi-region one But only a couple of reviews have mentioned MR refer to "5 region change and its then fixed on the 5th" is there a multi-region DVD-Rom ? :confused:

ps I've got my eye on the Sony DDU1621 dvd 16x, cdrom 40x, at £45 (inc del) but i'm going to look at the Sony site for some insight

Any way
regards to you all
;)

Don't install DVD's

You will find multi-region DVD drives but as I find DVD's for computers a "waste of time" until I see something other than playing films.

Not my "cup of tea" is DVD's. :eek:

Maybe one of the other folk here can help?

:crazy:

Back