getting email in Outlook

  • Start date Start date

Hi
is there any way of getting my emails from my outlook express account from
another computer?
I travel and need to check them sometimes... Any help would be appreciated

What do you use for an ISP/E-mail server? Many have a
WebMail option which would allow you to get your mail
through the Internet off of any computer.

Outlook Express specific newsgroup:
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"Mary needs help" <Mary needs
news:[email protected]...

Most ISP's have an email access link on their home page. Go to your
providers home page and check it out. Or call your provider's tech support
and ask if they have such a link and how to access it.

If they have this link, just type in your full email address and password,
and you should be able to read, reply, send and delete mail from your
account.

I too want to check e-mail while away from home. We're using Internet
Explorer outlook express and I can't seem to find an email access link on the
home page. Surely they have one???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. J

As I was eating a snack, I realized my ISP is sbcyahoo. Now I can't remember
what the password is. Any suggestion on where to find it? The old one is
accepted, but doesn't get me the new messages. Talk about being a dunce!
Janice

One solution seems to lead to another problem. I called SBC and changed the
password. She said to be sure and change it in the modem. And how do I do
that?
AHHHHHH! Janice

You don't change a password in a modem. Were they referring
to your Outlook Express password? If so, in OE:
Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties>Servers. Make the change
there.

If they were referring to the password to log on to their
site, I have no idea what they are talking about.

Thanks. I've done that. Janice

Bruce Hagen said:
You don't change a password in a modem. Were they referring
to your Outlook Express password? If so, in OE:
Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties>Servers. Make the change
there.

If they were referring to the password to log on to their
site, I have no idea what they are talking about.

Well, Bruce, I was able to do the necessary stuff in order to access e-mail
from another site. HOWEVER, in the process, I seemed to have changed the
password for logging on to my computer, AHHHH, (I was able to find it by
trail and error with all the passwords I was dealing with yesterday) I also
seemed to have changed whatever, so I have to type the password, rather than
have it done automatically. Now I need to figure out what to do, so I don't
have to type the password each time I turn on the computer. Again, tho,
thanks for your help. Janice

Back
Top