Get back the control on security permissions setting

E

el

Hi all,
I'd done something very stupid. I changed the security permissions on several shared folders on the server to as follows:
Backup Operators --> Full Control
Everyone --> Read & Execute, List Folder Contents & Read

Now, I can't change the security permissions on those folders anymore, not even using account with administrator right (eg. administrator account).

How can I get back the control?

TIA,

el

S

Steven Umbach

Easiest way would be to add your user account to the backup operators group in this particular case. Otherwise take ownership of the folders which will allow you to change permissions and be sure to select the option to replace owner on subcontainers. The link below explains more and it also applies to Windows 2000. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

Hi all,
I'd done something very stupid. I changed the security permissions on several shared folders on the server to as follows:
Backup Operators --> Full Control
Everyone --> Read & Execute, List Folder Contents & Read

Now, I can't change the security permissions on those folders anymore, not even using account with administrator right (eg. administrator account).

How can I get back the control?

TIA,

el

Ask a Question