GeForce4 MX460

Reaction score
There goes my question about this one...
From which manufacturer should I bought that card. I've been told Aopen does card... but how good are they? Asus sounds to me to be the best yet, and I heard about MSI too... Dont even think to take it from Powercolor, c'mon ;) But if you know any information that could help me to choose among them, that would be kind of you.

Thx!

(I know its not the perfect card, but I dont have a big wallet neither :D )

I would recommend that you give the MX a miss m8 - mainly cos there are geforce 3's that will out perform it

From what I have heard, the MSI cards are the best, with AOpen/Asus/Gainward all performing well.

I wouldnt worry too much about the manufacturor of the card, unless it is a very bad company - they are mainly based on the reference card from NVidia and perform about equal.

The MX460 costs about £120 in the UK at the moment, with the Ti4200 costing only £137 - the latter would be much better if you can stretch a little more :spin:

I would agree with you that it would be nice to wait...
and price are indeed a major factor.
Here, with Canadian money, that mx460 worth around 225 to 280 depending of the manufacturer.

The Ti4600 worth around 550 to 700 ...
this is quite a difference and I wonder if it'll get any lower within a couple of month...:roll:

which video card?

I'm upgrading to AMD XP 2100, 80 gig hard drive and need suggestions for a video card. Will not be doing any gaming.
What do you suggest.? Vern, Canada

Hello Vern ... Welcome to the show

Well me being the Scotsman that I am I'm a great believer in getting "value for money" :D

So on that note my personal recommendation would be a gForce2 MX 400 64Mb ... dam good price at the moment and can hold its own with any game.

I only recently moved up from the TNT M64 Pro ... my dear Lady now has that card and she’s the games player. :eek:

As you are "not a gamer" the MX 400 should do you well.

Mucks.

I would recommend you go with a GF3ti 200. the performance is not far off the mx440-460 range and from some Manufactures actually out perform them.

I have a gf3 ti 200 ,and I upgraded from a gf2 MX 400 ,honestly in most the games I play I cannot tell the difference between the 2 , the new gf 4 MX series would outperform the gf 3 if only it had the hardware to do so.The gf 4 MX series is the same core as the reg GF2,only its clocked much higher.

wildone

Best bang for buck at the moment seems to be the GF4 Ti4200. Just purchased a GF4 Ti4200 for £127. This is the 64meg version, but comes with VIVO (video in, video out). Can't wait to test it out on my new rig.

Manufacturer wise, they are all based around the same Nvidia chip, just make sure you use a reputable brand who have been in the business a while.

I totally agree about the Ti4200, it is a little more expensive than the other "budget" options, but hugely outperforms them :D

Ti4200's can usually be quite easily overclocked quite a bit faster, so if you dont mind a bit of tweaking it could perform very fast indeed 8)

Originally posted by Ian Cunningham
I totally agree about the Ti4200, it is a little more expensive than the other "budget" options, but hugely outperforms them :D

Ti4200's can usually be quite easily overclocked quite a bit faster, so if you dont mind a bit of tweaking it could perform very fast indeed 8)

Newegg here in the US has some 128 mb versions with 3.5 ns memory which really makes them the same card as a ti 4600 ,at least basically,from what I hear they are basically performing as well when overclocked.The cards are around 175.00 USD.

wildone

Back