games and poor MP9 response

G

Hi, all. I've already learned from the XP General Newsgroup that playing games and CDs from harddrive is likely to cause drag in the music. The games in question right now are solitaire and mahjuang. When playing them, and CDs from the hard drive, there is often a long pause between songs. Is there anything I can do to improve the situation?

G

Absolutely. Upgrade your memory. Outpost.com (Fry's Electronics) has 256MB for approx. $50 and 512 MB for approx. $80. It's well worth it and you'll find that you never have to deal with that delay on your music or any other program again. HTH.

G

Thanks so much, Mike, for your response. As usual, I left out some important info: I already have 512Mb RAM, on a Dell Dimension 8200, Intel Pentium 4A processor with i850 Tehama chipset. I'm running WinXP SP1, with all other updates, including MP9, DirectX 9, and whatever nVidia upgrades have been recommended. That's why I keep thinking I've done something wrong -- or failed to do something right. Oh, I'm playing CDs that have been copied to the hard drive, and games (especially Mahjongg and Solitaire) that are also installed on the hard drive. Thank-you again. I've learned so much from this newsgroup, I don't know what I would do without it.

Ask a Question