Game Developer Question....

  • Start date Start date

hi i'm currently in Final year studying Computer Science. I'm studying a
module called Game Development.

could some one answer this for me please please!!!

i need a critical evaluation of MS VC++ (MFC) and the MS VC++ .NET detailing
their suitability for use in developing computer games!!

anything at all will help! thank....

So in essence, you want one of us to do your homework?

Google -> "game MFC C++ .NET"

ShaneB

"Final Year Computing Science" <Final Year Computing
news:[email protected]...

Hello,

.NET isn't at all the best choice to write a game. For a game engine,
..NET doesn't offers you any extra (or enough good) feature that justify
the slow down that will introduce the use of .NET in your application.

My personal opinion is that if you can avoid MFC too, do it. Win32 for
window management and direct input for keyboard/joystick/mouse are the
only things that you need, later you can choose between OpenGL or
DirectX for the rendering, but as I said, plain Win32 will do the work.

--
Jacobo Rodríguez Villar

TyphoonLabs Lead Programmer

http://www.typhoonlabs.com

Final Year Computing Science said:
hi i'm currently in Final year studying Computer Science. I'm studying a
module called Game Development.

could some one answer this for me please please!!!

i need a critical evaluation of MS VC++ (MFC) and the MS VC++ .NET detailing
their suitability for use in developing computer games!!

anything at all will help! thank....

Back
Top