Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Question

  • Start date Start date

Angry Developer

I am addressing this message to Microsoft directly.

Recently this service pack was released, and it has fixed many issues.
However, one glaring bug fix, for some reason or another, was left
out of this service release. The VersionNotFoundException which will
occassionally rear its ugly head when using expression columns in
datatables. This bug has been known for a while. For some reason,
the release of Framework 1.1 didn't fix it, and yet another
opportunity to fix it has come and passed. What is the deal? Does
Microsoft not know where the cause of this error is? Is it not a
priority? I have a large project which uses expression columns on a
rather large scale. The only workaround I have ever seen documented
is simply "don't use expression columns." For some of us that is just
not an option.

Does anyone have a workaround?

Will someone at Microsoft please look into this and give us developers
some advice as to how to work around this bug? Would that same person
give us some kind of time frame as to when this will be fixed. I
don't care if VS.2005 fixes it. That is years away from being a
development solution for some of us. And would that same person
please express our frustration to somebody there at Microsoft so this
will get fixed ASAP.

Thank you.

To Mr. Angry Developer (Jeff Kaler, I assume):

If you want a workaround or a patch for a specific defect in the framework,
posting a message on a newgroup may make you feel better, but it is unlikely
to get your problem solved. If, on the other hand, you are serious about
resolving or fixing the bug, you should call Microsoft and ask product
support services (PSS) directly.

Newsgroups are a good place to find out how to use a feature, or to learn
from peers who enjoy sharing. Software patches are very rarely posted on
unsecured newsgroups (for obvious reasons).

I do hope that you get your problem fixed.
Hope this helps,
--- Nick

Back
Top