Framework 1.1.4322 breaking Office in Windows 2000?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have framework installed on a few Windows XP Machines and on one Windows 2000 machine
Office '97 is running on all of them and works ok in XP+Framework

The 2000 machine takes about 3 minutes to open Work, Excel,... and to process any clicks or keystrokes. The Task manager is showing the CPU as idle and memory usage is very low, almost nil. If I uninstall the Framework the problem goes away

Any ideas?
(I know, get rid of Office '97. Its needed for testing purposes tho, the new .NET system is replacing it. The users are going to run the apps side-by-side for a while, so I need the Office '97 for a couple of months.)

Well
the plan was to re-install Framework, then install Office '97 over it and see if that would help
Re-installing framework did not require a re-boot
I tried word/excel before re-installing '97 and they opened fine?
We moved on to other Windows 2000 machines and haven't had the problem
:-

----- TroyT wrote: ----

I have framework installed on a few Windows XP Machines and on one Windows 2000 machine
Office '97 is running on all of them and works ok in XP+Framework

The 2000 machine takes about 3 minutes to open Work, Excel,... and to process any clicks or keystrokes. The Task manager is showing the CPU as idle and memory usage is very low, almost nil. If I uninstall the Framework the problem goes away

Any ideas?
(I know, get rid of Office '97. Its needed for testing purposes tho, the new .NET system is replacing it. The users are going to run the apps side-by-side for a while, so I need the Office '97 for a couple of months.)

Back