forword message

  • Start date Start date

shakey

How can I forward a message in this group to a group not in MS newsgroups,
its in my ISP newsgroups, so that it includes header information.
Thank you SG

From: "shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net>
Subject: forword message
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:27:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

How can I forward a message in this group to a group not in MS newsgroups,
its in my ISP newsgroups, so that it includes header information.
Thank you SG

You will need to view the message properties, and copy the headers from the
details, and paste them into the reply message compose window. You will
need to have both servers configured, and you will need to select the
appropriate server in the "New Server:" field of the headers of the reply
message compose window.

This is a sort of example, but I just cross posted to the test group,
instead of posting to another server; we would have to both be able to
access the other group, if not the server, but you didn't give me a target
group to post this example to.

Some news clients can do what you want much easier than MSOE.

Anon & Miller
Thank you both but I still have not succeeded in what I was trying to do and
it is easier to just do a lot of cut paste from original rather that forward
to other newsgroup.
Thank you for your efforts
SG

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

From: "shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net>
Subject: Re: forword message
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:05:28 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Anon & Miller
Thank you both but I still have not succeeded in what I was trying to do and
it is easier to just do a lot of cut paste from original rather that forward
to other newsgroup.
Thank you for your efforts
SG
"shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net> wrote in message

You can't do what you want from a web browser. Well, maybe you could with a
Google Groups account. You have to do it from a news client. Harder with MS
Outlook Express, because there is still some cut and paste to the job. Not a
problem with a news client, such as 40tude Dialog.

I did not do any cutting, or pasting to compose this reply. If I had the
group you normally post to, I could have subscribed it on my server, and
used that server to post this, instead of resorting to email.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~now in the air the spring is coming.