FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage is not passed fully qualified url

  • Start date Start date

Jacob Crossley

I have two web applications on the same server:

http://localhost/ModemUpgrade

and

http://localhost/TestFormAuth

The web.config of ModemUpgrade:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".cuid"
loginUrl="http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx" path="/">
</forms>
</authentication>

PROBLEM:
when I call FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage from
MemberLogin.asp,

I notice that ReturnUrl=/ModemUpgrade/Agree.aspx
This keeps me on http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx
because it doesn't have the fully qualified url
(http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=http://localhost/M
odemUpgrade/Agree.aspx)
needed to complete the redirect

If I manually surf to:
http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=http://localhost/ModemUpgrade/Agree.aspx

the whole thing works...Please advise. Thanks.

I'am also having this particular problem. It does not log in some of
the users already registered in the database. They get redirected to
the login page even though they provide the proper user name and
password. not sure what is going on. Searched the groups and not able
to get a good solution.

Thanks,

Sunil.B

For some reason no one is answering. : - (
Sunil said:
I'am also having this particular problem. It does not log in some of
the users already registered in the database. They get redirected to
the login page even though they provide the proper user name and
password. not sure what is going on. Searched the groups and not able
to get a good solution.

Thanks,

Sunil.B

"Jacob Crossley" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Back
Top