Form w/One Record (new)

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I woud like to create a "pop-up" form to use to update an underlying table, but when the form comes up I don't want to see all the records in the table. I can't filter the form because all the fields will be new (some from lookups, etc.

Is there a good way, preferable not through code, that I can get this form to come up with only the new record showing? I have a macro written to open the form and go to a new record, I just don't want the others to be available for viewing/modification

Is ther an easu solution (in properties, etc.) to accomplish this? Maybe create the form without the record source? I have tried to use only contrl sources w/out a record source but that hasn't worked. Maybe my syntax is incorrect

Thank You.

I woud like to create a "pop-up" form to use to update an underlying table, but when the form comes up I don't want to see all the records in the table. I can't filter the form because all the fields will be new (some from lookups, etc.)

Is there a good way, preferable not through code, that I can get this form to come up with only the new record showing? I have a macro written to open the form and go to a new record, I just don't want the others to be available for viewing/modification.

Is ther an easu solution (in properties, etc.) to accomplish this? Maybe create the form without the record source? I have tried to use only contrl sources w/out a record source but that hasn't worked. Maybe my syntax is incorrect.

Thank You.

DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd
or if you want to open it in dialog:
DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd, acDialog

Is there a good way, preferable not through code, that I can get this form to come up with only the new record showing?

Yes: in the Form's Properties, set the Data Entry property to True.

Back