Form/Subform Access 2000

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I hope this is simple - I have a form containing a couple text fields and a subform. When I enter data, the resulting records in the table are: 1 record with form data, but missing any subform data; and then multiple records missing the form data, but containing the subform data.

What is causing this and how do i fix it? Thanks!

Robbie M

I have still not figured this one out on my own - any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Robbie

----- Robbie M wrote: ----

I have further isolated the problem. I actually have 3 subforms - 2 of which have multiselect listboxes and 1 that is not multiselect. The one that is not MultiSelect results in a record with all the data I expect from the form and the subform.

The two subforms with MultiSelect listboxes result in one record with no data from the subform, and multiple records (those selected) with no data from the form. I programmatically set the missing form data, but I don't understand the one record with no data from the subform. Can anyone explain it to me? Does anyone have a way to prevent creating this record?

Thanks.

Robbie

----- Robbie M wrote: ----

I hope this is simple - I have a form containing a couple text fields and a subform. When I enter data, the resulting records in the table are: 1 record with form data, but missing any subform data; and then multiple records missing the form data, but containing the subform data.

Robbie M

I know I'm missing something basic - I am a new user. I sure could use some tips. If I haven't provided enough information please let me know. Thanks.

----- Robbie M wrote: -----

Robbie M

Back