Form properties are missing

• Thread starter Thread starter Simon Jefferies
  • Start date Start date
S

Simon Jefferies

Hello,

I have created a new form within C# and I am unable to get any properties on
this form and also unable to add a new controls to it.

Any ideas?
Simon Jefferies

Hope you extended it from windows form class
Did you remember to call the windows form constructor in this one

I simply created it from the Add New Item wizard. It comes up with the form in designer mode and I can change to code view but I can't do anything with the form itself.

It is derived from System.Windows.Forms.Form class and does have a constructor.

Simon

Do you get anything at all in the toolbox to the left.
And besides make sure in the design mode that the form is selected when
u look out for properties, to make sure of this - right click the form and click properties

Plz let me know of the updates coz this is as new to me as it gets
I simply created it from the Add New Item wizard. It comes up with the form in designer mode and I can change to code view but I can't do anything with the form itself.

Simon

There's apparently nothing in the toolbox. Yes, I've tried losing focus of the form in design mode and reselecting it. And tried to refresh with the context menu. But nothing appears to be working. It appears to happen with new forms rather than ones i've upgraded from .NET 2002.

Simon
Do you get anything at all in the toolbox to the left.
And besides make sure in the design mode that the form is selected when
u look out for properties, to make sure of this - right click the form and click properties

Plz let me know of the updates coz this is as new to me as it gets

Simon

Hi Simon,
Pay attention on the namspace the new form is declared in. When you use the wizards they use the *default namespace* setting from the project's properties. However this might not be the right namespace for your project. If this is the case change the namespace or put *uses <form's namspece>* in the file where want to use the form or use fully qualified name of the form class.

--
HTH
B\rgds

Simon

I have had similar experiences in the past, it seems to occur after i had a bad "Check Out" from sourcesafe.

The namespace that is wrapped around the form class is correct.

Regards
Simon
Hi Simon,
Pay attention on the namspace the new form is declared in. When you use the wizards they use the *default namespace* setting from the project's properties. However this might not be the right namespace for your project. If this is the case change the namespace or put *uses <form's namspece>* in the file where want to use the form or use fully qualified name of the form class.

--
HTH
B\rgds

Simon

The form I create is fresh and isn't checked in to sourcesafe initially, and
is already broken.

Regards
Simon

Vinny Vinn said:
I have had similar experiences in the past, it seems to occur after i had
a bad "Check Out" from sourcesafe.

Simon,

Probably you should tell what "...I can't do anything with the form itself." means.
You don't see the class, you do see the class, but it throws some exceptions when using it, compiler complains or nothings trown compiler doesn't complain just the form's doesn't show up when you call Form's Show method.

--
B\rgds

Regards
Simon
Hi Simon,

--
HTH
B\rgds

Simon

The form is shown in designer and code, but I can't actually do anything with the form at design time. I can't put any controls on it as there are none to choose from or change the properties of the form as the properties window is empty!

Regards
Simon
Simon,

Probably you should tell what "...I can't do anything with the form itself." means.
You don't see the class, you do see the class, but it throws some exceptions when using it, compiler complains or nothings trown compiler doesn't complain just the form's doesn't show up when you call Form's Show method.

--
B\rgds

Regards
Simon
Hi Simon,

--
HTH
B\rgds

Simon

Back