form can be saved as start up

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
B

Ben

Hi all,

I tried to do: Tools-> Startup-> Display Form

from there I assigned my form as the start up form, but for some reason it does not get saved. I clicked ok and selected the Tools-> Startup-> Display Form again and the start up form I assigned is not there anymore. It shows "(none)" Any suggestions?

Is there other ways to make my form to load when the user opens the database? Is it not possible to write some vba code to have the form loaded when user opens the database? I don't know how to do this, but isn't there a database load event or use the WithEvent that can accomplish this as an alternative? Can you share some code snippet about this? Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions

Ben

Hi Ben

not sure why it isn't working for you, but if you create a macro that opens the form and name the macro AutoExec it will run when the database is opened.

Cheers
JulieD

Hi all,

from there I assigned my form as the start up form, but for some reason it does not get saved. I clicked ok and selected the Tools-> Startup-> Display Form again and the start up form I assigned is not there anymore. It shows "(none)" Any suggestions?

Is there other ways to make my form to load when the user opens the database? Is it not possible to write some vba code to have the form loaded when user opens the database? I don't know how to do this, but isn't there a database load event or use the WithEvent that can accomplish this as an alternative? Can you share some code snippet about this? Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions

Ben

Kudos Julie! Thanks for your help. It worked great.

Ben

Hi Ben

not sure why it isn't working for you, but if you create a macro that opens the form and name the macro AutoExec it will run when the database is opened.

Cheers
JulieD

Hi all,

Ben

Back