Filter by form not working in Runtime

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi All,

I have a problem, where I have added a filter by from button to a custom menu toolbar for my form. When I open the database in Access 2000, and I go to my form and I hit the filter by form toolbar button, It does what I want(it clears all the text boxes and allows me to select what I want and the filter by that selection.) However if I run this database in a runtime environment the filter by form button doesn't do anything! Can someone please help me solve this problem - it quite urgent:( I can't understand why it doesn't work if I run it in a runtime environment - and I HAVE to run it in a runtime environment

Thanks for any help

Kevin

Sorry, Kevin: bad news. Filter By Form does not work in the runtime.

You will need to provide an alternative approach to filtering your forms.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

Kevin said:
I have a problem, where I have added a filter by from button to a custom
menu toolbar for my form. When I open the database in Access 2000, and I go
to my form and I hit the filter by form toolbar button, It does what I
want(it clears all the text boxes and allows me to select what I want and
the filter by that selection.) However if I run this database in a runtime
environment the filter by form button doesn't do anything! Can someone
please help me solve this problem - it quite urgent:( I can't understand why
it doesn't work if I run it in a runtime environment - and I HAVE to run it
in a runtime environment

Hi Allen

Thanks for that. :) Isn't that pretty stupid? I found an "alternative" on the microsoft website eventually, but their implementation of the filter by form is not as nice as the one avaliable in Access, what I mean is that when you use the one in access it gives you a combobox for every textbox on your form for you to make a selection, but this implementaion doesn't have that, you actually have to type the criteria in yourself(which could be quite errornous!) - got any other kind of alternatives for me?

Thanks for the help so far
Kevin

Back