Filling Drop-down list with Data in Com+

  • Start date Start date

ramesh

hi,
I am using Com+ in my application. It will have
InsertRecords,selectRecords,updateRecords function.
In the Web Form i have Drop-down list. I want to select
records from SQL and add it to this list. I know how to
fill the data in the drop-down list. But i don't know how
to pass this control to Com+. Do we need to pass like

private FillList(Object e)
{
e.DataSource = EmployeeSet;
e.DataMember = "Job";
e.DataTextField = "JobDescription";
e.DataValueField = "JobCode";

if (!IsPostBack)
{
e.DataBind();

}
}

Is it correct?

Thanks,
Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Are you still monitoring this post?
Can you show me more information?

Thanks

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jeffrey Tan[MSFT])
| Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:28:36 GMT
| Subject: RE: Filling Drop-down list with Data in Com+
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|

| Hi Ramesh,
|
| I will do some research on your question.
| I will reply you after my research.
|
| I think in your code,the object e must be the drop-down list.
| Does your Filllist method in COM object?
| Do you select your record in COM object?
|
| Best regards,
| Jeffrey Tan
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
|
| --------------------
| | From: "ramesh" <[email protected]>
| | Sender: "ramesh" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Filling Drop-down list with Data in Com+
| | Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 01:47:00 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| |
| | hi,
| | I am using Com+ in my application. It will have
| | InsertRecords,selectRecords,updateRecords function.
| | In the Web Form i have Drop-down list. I want to select
| | records from SQL and add it to this list. I know how to
| | fill the data in the drop-down list. But i don't know how
| | to pass this control to Com+. Do we need to pass like
| |
| | private FillList(Object e)
| | {
| | e.DataSource = EmployeeSet;
| | e.DataMember = "Job";
| | e.DataTextField = "JobDescription";
| | e.DataValueField = "JobCode";
| |
| | if (!IsPostBack)
| | {
| | e.DataBind();
| |
| | }
| | }
| |
| | Is it correct?
| |
| | Thanks,
| | Ramesh
| |

hi,
I have changed my logic. Instead of passing combo to
COM, I am returning dataset from COM, then i have used the
dataset values to fill the Combo.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Back