Field/Data Locking Problems in Access

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Dear All

I have created forms and have used some of them as sub forms. For expample I have a Main Customer Details Form and have put in a sub form for Order Details, into which I have another sub form for Invoice Details. The information in the first two is being driven by entries into another forms that I have created and I have locked these fields to avoid overwritting of data, in the form I have used as an example.

Everything was working fine and I was able to add records to the Invoicing Details, but now I cannot record any new information. If I go to the form Order Details, which has the Invoicing Details as a sub form I can enter data OK and also if I go direct to the table, but it does not work if I go to the form form that has all three forms in it. The problem also exists with other forms I have done using the same principle

I have checked all the properties to see if I have set somethong to lock, but everything as far as I can see looks OK.

Anyone with any ideas

Cheers

Rob

Everything was working fine and I was able to add records to the Invoicing Details, but now I cannot record any new information. If I go to the form Order Details, which has the Invoicing Details as a sub form I can enter data OK and also if I go direct to the table, but it does not work if I go to the form form that has all three forms in it. The problem also exists with other forms I have done using the same principle.

I have checked all the properties to see if I have set somethong to lock, but everything as far as I can see looks OK.

What is the Record Source property of the form that won't let you
update? This error can happen if you use a multitable Query (or some
other non-updateable query) as the Recordsource; typically one would
just use the single table, or a simple query based on it.

John

Thanks. I will have a look at this, but I do not think it is the problem as I had not any queries running as I was still developing the forms. I have overcome the problem by deleting the sub forms and reintroducing them, but am concerned it might happen again.

I do infact need to write queries based on a number of tables, but in the past this seems to work OK

Thanks once again for your assistance and if you have any further thoughts I would be grateful to receive them

Regards

Ro

----- John Vinson wrote: ----

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:36:03 -0700, Ro
Everything was working fine and I was able to add records to the Invoicing Details, but now I cannot record any new information. If I go to the form Order Details, which has the Invoicing Details as a sub form I can enter data OK and also if I go direct to the table, but it does not work if I go to the form form that has all three forms in it. The problem also exists with other forms I have done using the same principle

What is the Record Source property of the form that won't let yo
update? This error can happen if you use a multitable Query (or som
other non-updateable query) as the Recordsource; typically one woul
just use the single table, or a simple query based on it

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=publi

Back