Explorer problems

  • Start date Start date

When using Explorer 6, I cannot type onto a web page - for example if I load
Google, I cannot type in the google box, although I can type in the address
bar ok.

This applies to any web page.

I have Firefox loaded and this works fine, the problem is only with Explorer.

Any ideas?

thanks, but no go.

ithe first command came back with "not found"

the other two did work, but hasn't changed the problem

we have tried re-installing explorer, but to no avail!

any other ideas?

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
See if this applies: http://www.winxptutor.com/ieabout.htm

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Richard said:
When using Explorer 6, I cannot type onto a web page - for example if I load
Google, I cannot type in the google box, although I can type in the address
bar ok.

This applies to any web page.

I have Firefox loaded and this works fine, the problem is only with Explorer.

Any ideas?

Hi again,

yes, checked and clear!

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Which version of Windows?

Has the computer been checked for malware recently with an antivirus
program, Ad-aware and Spybot?
Spybot - Search & Destroy:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=spybotsd
Ad-aware - Lavasoft: http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Richard" <Richard[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When using Explorer 6, I cannot type onto a web page - for example if I
load
Google, I cannot type in the google box, although I can type in the
address
bar ok.

This applies to any web page.

I have Firefox loaded and this works fine, the problem is only with
Explorer.

Any ideas?

Hi,
It's possible that a toolbar, BHO or other add-on is causing this.

[XP SP2] From IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see if one of
them is the culprit.
[Non SP2] Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third-party browser
extensions." If either of these helps, you still need to find the
troublesome program, BHO or add-on.

Toolbar Cop from http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Toolkit.htm can help identify
and remove add-ons, BHOs, etc.

Disable (for diagnostic purposes) programs such as pop-up blockers,
security, toolbars and other add-ons for IE, anti-virus, etc. Take a look at
any program that might be interfering with IE. You may have to reconfigure,
reinstall, or not reinstall, a program.

* Important... Turn on the Windows Firewall (from Control Panel or Security
Center) before disabling a third-party firewall.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Richard said:
Hi again,

yes, checked and clear!

:
Hi,
See if this applies: http://www.winxptutor.com/ieabout.htm
"Richard" <Richard[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When using Explorer 6, I cannot type onto a web page - for example if
I load
Google, I cannot type in the google box, although I can type in the
address bar ok.

This applies to any web page.

I have Firefox loaded and this works fine, the problem is only with
Explorer.

Why is this so often such a big secret? <w>

"Richard" <Richard[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
thanks, but no go.

ithe first command came back with "not found"

What was "not found": the command? (in which case there was a typo)

Give him Kai's cmd file? It's relatively OS independent
(provided it is run on NTx. <eg>)
Doesn't show the differences otherwise.

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=24&id=31&artlang=en

Robert