Explorer Crash with Folder Comment

  • Start date Start date

David Wichmann

It seems that any time I SINGLE click on a folder that has
a comment, Explorer crashes with an access violation.
However, I can double click and get into the folder with
no problem. Any idea on how to fix this? Yes, deleting
the comments avoids the problem, but I would like to have
the comments.

Additional Information:
DrWatson says the access violation is occurring in
rtcUpperCaseBstr

This is also happening to Access 2000.

What happens if you use a single word for the comment and then add
additional words?
Joe Griffin [MS]
Windows 2000 Server Setup Team

From: <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Subject: Explorer Crash with Folder Comment
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:04:17 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

Additional Information:
DrWatson says the access violation is occurring in
rtcUpperCaseBstr

This is also happening to Access 2000.

Even with a single letter it crashes.

(803) 466-5938