Exchange 2000 or 2003?

  • Start date Start date

Arran Pearce

I am wanting to create a web application which will use Microsoft Exchange
Server. We currently use Exchange 2000 but if i needed it we would upgrade
to 2003.

Is 2003 going to provide easyer programming with C# (and DotNet in general)
than 2000? If so i will wait a bit longer.

thanks for any insights.

Arran

Hello Arran,

Please refer to http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/ti/features/default.asp for new feature of Exchange Server
2003. For developers:

Easier Development
The portal enhancements in Exchange 2003 include:

New Web Parts. Exchange 2003 includes specific Outlook Web Access customizations to enable Outlook Web Access
Web Parts to be embedded in portals. These services enable you to embed specific mail, calendar, contact, Outlook
Today, and public folder information into a Web portal. Two specific enhancements include the introduction of an Outlook
Web Access Today Web Part, which summarizes your agenda, and support for cascading style sheets on the Outlook Web
Access page.
Redirection support. Portal designers now have a simple way to present the special folders of an authenticated user.
Outlook Web Access supports a new URL query string that sends an HTTP/1.x 302 redirect where Module is one of the
special folders (Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks).

For details, I think you could post the question into Public.Exchange2000.Development. There may be more experts in this
area. Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support