exception after using HttpWebRequest

• Thread starter Thread starter z. f.
  • Start date Start date
Z

z. f.

my system runs Windows2000 server with sp4, dot-net framework version 1.1 (1.1.4322), Visual Studio 2003 (7.1.3088),
making a windows application in C# that uses HttpWebRequest and brings data, after about a minuete from the end of the response, while the window stays open, i get exception:
system.dll!System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(uint errorCode = 64, uint numBytes = 0, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped = 1638880) + 0xa0 bytes

I don't think there something i've done using c# and built in classes that should cause this, is it a known error or something?
urgent!!!

TIA.

Z;

I've done some work with WinSock and such and we've experienced a minor problem with socket reads timing out with an error 64. Which is ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED. Web searches bring up a variety of documentation on this error, the best one I found listed potential problems with the nic, protocol bindings, etc. Unfortunately, I can not tell you why it occurs, some preliminary scoping seems to indicate the initial SYNC is not being sent... ?! (perhaps a defect with trying to reuse a socket connection, just dunno).

Obviously, I'd say first are you getting all the data you expect? Are you then explicitly closing all Request & Response streams? If you're getting all the data I'm not sure why it'd even still be DOING another read op because the exception seems to indicate it issued I/O as was waiting for that to complete when the error 64 occurred. My guess is you want to close Request & Response streams, etc. as soon as your done with them so .NET framework can close/cleanup the underlying socket resources, etc.

Regards,
Erin.

--
Visit us on the web at: http://www.databasementsoftware.com

my system runs Windows2000 server with sp4, dot-net framework version 1.1 (1.1.4322), Visual Studio 2003 (7.1.3088),
making a windows application in C# that uses HttpWebRequest and brings data, after about a minuete from the end of the response, while the window stays open, i get exception:
system.dll!System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(uint errorCode = 64, uint numBytes = 0, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped = 1638880) + 0xa0 bytes

I don't think there something i've done using c# and built in classes that should cause this, is it a known error or something?
urgent!!!

TIA.

Can you tell us what the exact exception you are seeing ? Please give the exception message as well as the stack trace

--
Remove "user" from the email address to reply to the author.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

urgent!!!

TIA.

Back