error on start up and no restore

G

Every time I start up my computer I get a message after I log on saying there was an error and application must close and it ask if want to send reprt to microsoft which I always do. This has been happening for about three weeks. I tried restoring my computer to an earlier date but I am unable to do that as well. I tried three different dates but no luck. Everything still works fine however. I have also scanned my computer with NAV and my I have a paid subscription and all of my updates are current so if it is a virus it isn't being detected. I also scanned with ad-aware. I still get the error and I can't use system restore
The details of the error are as follows:
App Name: updmgr.ex
App Ver: 1.5.1.
Mod Name: mfc42.dl
Mod Ver: 6.0.8665.0
Offset: 0000135

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem?

G

This file updmgr.exe depicts that you have spyware on the computer.I do agree that you have scan the computer with spyware removers but some time spyware removers also not able to remove the spyawre.Do the following things to eliminate this problem.Look this entry in startup tab and check in add/remove program and if you find any thing wired just uninstall it.Check startup items for other wired things also

Ask a Question