Error message - "0x8004df0a"

• Thread starter Thread starter jarryd.pearson
  • Start date Start date
J

jarryd.pearson

I'm trying to configure my work email address through IMAP, but when I
do, I get the above error code. Can anyone please help?

I'm trying to configure my work email address through IMAP, but when I
do, I get the above error code. Can anyone please help?

What version of Outlook? When does this happen?

My outlook is 2007 sp1
os is winxp sp3

when i add gmail as my imap account, i successfully test my gmail account
but when i click the next button to finish the adding, the error occours

sunny said:
My outlook is 2007 sp1
os is winxp sp3

when i add gmail as my imap account, i successfully test my gmail
account but when i click the next button to finish the adding, the
error occours

Did you properly configure gmail to allow IMAP connections? Gmail with OL
2007 works fine for me.

I have a Windows Media Center 2005 PC. That's basically XP pro with Media Center added. I have 2 gmail accounts and use Outlook 2007. I installed my Office 2007 over an existing 2003 Standard. I got a pop-up saying that certain indexing features wouldn't work unless I removed my Imap (in my case my 2 gmails) accounts and restored them to redownload the messages.
As I went through the 1st account setup I forgot to check the box for manual install. Outlook did the auto config as pop3. When I realized the mistake I went back to check off manual install. That's when I got the error message above. Every time I clicked next, it came up. I thought about the auto config mistake, canceled the account setup and restarted it from scratch. This time it went through without a glitch. I came here thru Google looking for help and helped myself. Hope this can be of help to someone else. BTW maybe someone can help me with my AIM account. Have it set for imap did the config exactly as per their web site, get error. I'll run it again to see the error message and post it here. Thanks in advance. BTW Brian Tillman, I believe we're in the same PPC Universe Yahoo group.

[font='Times New Roman','serif']I find tha if you go to your control pannel and setup you mail account there for outlook you do not get that Outlook 2007 error 0x8004df0a. Try it :) Good luck[/font]

[font='Times New Roman','serif'] [/font]

Back