Error in Walkthru for Windows Service

  • Start date Start date

Troy Murphy

I am attempting to follow the walkthru:
Creating a Windows Service Application in the Component Designer.

I get the error:
JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is Denied.
JIT Debugging was initiated by the user account 'NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL
SERIVCE'.

This is on an XP Professional system using VS2003 with .NET version 1.1

I keep getting this same error with the actual service I am trying to build
as well.

Thanks for any help in resolving this.

Troy

Hi Troy,

The error generated because this user account dose not have proper access
permissions.
For more information, you can visit this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsdebug/htm
l/vxtskErrorJITDebuggingFailedWithFollowingErrorAccessIsDenied.asp

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Troy Murphy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Error in Walkthru for Windows Service
| Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:21:57 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I am attempting to follow the walkthru:
| Creating a Windows Service Application in the Component Designer.
|
| I get the error:
| JIT Debugging failed with the following error: Access is Denied.
| JIT Debugging was initiated by the user account 'NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL
| SERIVCE'.
|
| This is on an XP Professional system using VS2003 with .NET version 1.1
|
| I keep getting this same error with the actual service I am trying to
build
| as well.
|

| Thanks for any help in resolving this.
|
| Troy