Error in Sum - Quite maddening

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a form with a field which simply has as its value : =Sum([Duration]

It use to work all the time. I can create a new trial database and it works just fine. All of a sudden it stopped working and I am getting an #error. The field exists as I can : =[Duration]+[Number] and it displays the correct result. Also, when I go to design view and retype the expression, it works fine. If I switch views to anything and back to form view I get an #error. I'm lost on this one. My backup database works fine but I made a lot of changes to the form layout. This is not a subform nor are any of the called fields.

I have a form with a field which simply has as its value : =Sum([Duration])

It use to work all the time. I can create a new trial database and it works just fine. All of a sudden it stopped working and I am getting an #error. The field exists as I can : =[Duration]+[Number] and it displays the correct result. Also, when I go to design view and retype the expression, it works fine. If I switch views to anything and back to form view I get an #error. I'm lost on this one. My backup database works fine but I made a lot of changes to the form layout. This is not a subform nor are any of the called fields.

Your form - or your entire database - may be corrupt. Try the
following in sequence:

- KEEP YOUR BACKUP!!! - You may need it. Doublecheck that it *does*
work; you may need to salvage this form from it.

- Compact and Repair your database.

- If that doesn't work, Decompile it (see details at

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm

- If that doesn't help, create a new Form. Copy and paste all the
controls EXCEPT this one from the form that's giving the #Error.
Delete the damaged form, compact and repair, and recreate the sum
control.

Back