Enlarging pics

  • Start date Start date

aDavidm

I have IE6 updated from IE5. When I land the cursor on a
picture, )jpeg., etc.) a tool bar with e-mail, print,
sendto, etc. options comes out from the top left corner.
At the same time, if the picture is large enough, a yellow
and red box with 4 blue arrows pointing out appears from
the lower right, allowing you to re-size the picture. My
brother has IE6 original, and while his has the upper tool
bar, it does not have nor has never had, the lower yellow
and red box with the arrows. How can this be installed on
his machine. Thanks..

Don,

One of us is on the wrong track here.
I have always had it in IE6.
IE-Tools-Internet Options-Advanced.
The option is "Enable Automatic Image Resizing"
Don't you have that option?

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "DVarnau"
I think that another program added the resizing tool. It didn't come from
IE. I'll bet you have a graphics program that he doesn't have. He might like
the program IEZoomer from http://www.geocities.com/one_human/programs.html

Hope this helps,
Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org
aDavidm said:
I have IE6 updated from IE5. When I land the cursor on a
picture, )jpeg., etc.) a tool bar with e-mail, print,
sendto, etc. options comes out from the top left corner.
At the same time, if the picture is large enough, a yellow
and red box with 4 blue arrows pointing out appears from
the lower right, allowing you to re-size the picture. My
brother has IE6 original, and while his has the upper tool
bar, it does not have nor has never had, the lower yellow
and red box with the arrows. How can this be installed on
his machine. Thanks..

This is probably the part of the post which tripped me up:

" if the picture is large enough, a yellow
Perhaps I didn't find a large enough image when I was experimenting with the
Image Toolbar. I never encountered the red box with the blue arrows.

Don
- - - - - - - - - -

aDavidm said:
I have IE6 updated from IE5. When I land the cursor on a
picture, )jpeg., etc.) a tool bar with e-mail, print,
sendto, etc. options comes out from the top left corner.
At the same time, if the picture is large enough, a yellow
and red box with 4 blue arrows pointing out appears from
the lower right, allowing you to re-size the picture. My
brother has IE6 original, and while his has the upper tool
bar, it does not have nor has never had, the lower yellow
and red box with the arrows. How can this be installed on
his machine. Thanks..

Revelation... (learning all the time <G>)
If "Enable automatic image resizing" is checked in Internet Options>
Advanced the resizing tool will appear in the lower right of the image if it
has been resized.

Don

Back
Top