Emails not being delivered, since I switched to new laptop

Reaction score
Outlook used to work fine for me, but since I bought a new laptop, it just isn’t happening.

I transferred everything from my old laptop to my new laptop – including settings, mail account details, etc.

But when I started up Outlook on my new laptop, it wasn’t doing anything, wasn’t even logging on to my mail server. I looked at the mail account settings – they’re exactly the same, so couldn’t see where I was going wrong.

I switched to my webmail account, and that works fine, but obviously I don’t want to be restricted to webmail.

So I went back to Outlook and tried something else.

I deleted all my mail accounts, and started afresh. I entered all my mail server details (originally supplied by my web host) as if I was setting email up for the first time.

Eureka ! this time there was no problem logging on to my mail server, and all email messages were downloaded from the server. My problems were over I thought, until I tried to SEND an email.

Nothing – a message bounced back into my Inbox – message undeliverable

“None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient”

I tried a different email recipient, and another, and another, but every one was undeliverable, same error message.

I’ve re-checked the settings, everything is exactly the same as before, when it used to work fine, on my old laptop.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong ?

My new laptop runs Vista. Is that an issue? What about the Windows Firewall ? Is that an issue?

Ask a Question