=> Editable text box

  • Start date Start date

Rhonda Fischer

Hello,

I am attempting to change the properties on a text
box to edit it's contents. I have the Allow 'Edits',
'Deletes', 'Additions' and 'Data Entry' set to yes.
The text box displays data (memo 256 char) from the
table, however the user needs to be able to amend
these details, and the text box is non editable?

Any ideas would be terrific.

Thank you kindly
Rhonda

Rhonda Fischer said:
Hello,

I am attempting to change the properties on a text
box to edit it's contents. I have the Allow 'Edits',
'Deletes', 'Additions' and 'Data Entry' set to yes.
The text box displays data (memo 256 char) from the
table, however the user needs to be able to amend
these details, and the text box is non editable?

Set DataEntry to "No". If the form is still not editable, check the Locked
and Enabled properties of the controls, and check the underlying
recordsource to make sure it's editable.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Microsoft Access

Hello Arvin,

Thank you very much I have now isolated the problem
to the table fields not being editable. How do I make
this table editable. I have tried setting properties
'Required', 'Allow zero length' and 'Unicode Compression'.
I have also tried re-linking this SQL table without
much luck. My other linked tables are editable and work.
I'm not sure what properties I need to set to make
this table editable.

Thank you very much
Rhonda