Dynamically load FlashShockWave Object

  • Start date Start date

Ron Vecchi

I am using the FlashShockWave COM object.

in the form design mode I specified the Flash Movie .SWF local path. and it
loads correctly.

My problem is that if I make changes to the swf file it never is changed in
the EXE. It seem to be embedded.
I have to remove the object and then add a new object for the changes to
take effect.

So, is there a way to dynamically load the SWF file at runtime to always
show the new SWF file in the EXE?

Thanks,
Ron Vecchi

Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting in this group.
I think you should specify the shockwaveobject's EmbedMovie property to
false, then it will load the flash at runtime.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Vecchi" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Dynamically load FlashShockWave Object
| Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:00:59 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I am using the FlashShockWave COM object.
|
| in the form design mode I specified the Flash Movie .SWF local path. and
it
| loads correctly.
|
| My problem is that if I make changes to the swf file it never is changed
in
| the EXE. It seem to be embedded.
| I have to remove the object and then add a new object for the changes to
| take effect.
|
| So, is there a way to dynamically load the SWF file at runtime to always
| show the new SWF file in the EXE?
|

| Thanks,
| Ron Vecchi
|
| --