Dynamic picture as fill effect in plot area graph

Reaction score
Dear all,

I think this isn't possible, but anyhow I ask.

When I want to enter a picture as background in the plot area, I standard use the fill effects > picture, then brows to whatever picture I want and everythings works as intended.

However when I make such a chart very dynamic for users, allowing different analysis possibilities, I want the user to be able to change this picture into another one. (These picture have meaning in function of the graph data.

I could deliver these pictures seperately and with code alter this picture assuming e.g. the user stores these pictures in the same directory as the file.

However is there any way (with VBA) that one can change these pictures without needing to save them outside the Excel file itself.
Hence can such pictures be saved somehow in a hidden sheet and called to be inserted in the graph.
As for now I only see the traditional browse for the picture manner.

Is there another way, not needing to store such a picture outside an Excel file?

I of course can double/triple the complete graph(s) (linked to the same data but different formatted) and hide or unhide them completely.
I only hoped there was a shortcut (these graphs are very calculation intensive), just to alter that plot background picture without the need to save them seperate from the Excel file itself.

I hoped I expressed myself in an understandable manner (sorry I'm Dutch).

Many thanks in advance.
Eric Desart

Reaction score
Bump,

Eric, what you're looking for isn't possible is also an answer I'm as grateful for ( :) if respresenting reality of course).

Please?

Eric Desart

Last edited:

Ask a Question