DX Setup and Deployment

  • Start date Start date

Peter Morris [Capable Objects]

Hi all

I would like to additionally specify Flash and Direct X 9 for the
prerequisites of my app's Setup & Deployment (MSI) project.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks very much

Pete

Peter,

You can probably find an MSI/merge module to include in your install for
DirectX 9. However, I don't think that Adobe is providing an MSI for Flash
(I haven't heard of one). You might have to include the EXE to install and
spawn a new process to do it.

There are also licensing issues regarding how you distribute the Flash
player. I strongly suggest you check Adobe's Player Distribution FAQ:

http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/faq/

As well as their licensing page:

http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- (e-mail address removed)

"Peter Morris [Capable Objects]" <firstname + '.' +
news:[email protected]...

Back
Top